The Pokemon Scarlet and Violet patch notes following the Teal Mask DLC arriving in 2.0.1. As expected, Nintendo noted the primary change is that the new add-on is here. This brings the Kitakami region to Paldea, adds some new Pokemon, and brings in past ones from previous installments. However, it does add some new features for people who didn’t buy the add-on, such as support for seeing additional Pokemon, new mini map options, new camera options, and new walking Pokemon directions.
Some of the new quality of life adjustments are easy to update. For the mini map, pressing the right analog stick twice locks “north” into place. Likewise, pressing the left analog stick once when you have a walking Pokemon by your side acts as something of a “heel” command to make them stop. Also, when you have your camera up you can press “A” to take a picture instead of the screenshot button.
Here are the full Pokemon Scarlet and Violet patch notes for The Teal Mask DLC and 2.0.1.
Release of The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 1: The Teal Mask for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet
Trainers who have purchased The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero will now be able to enjoy adventures in Part 1: The Teal Mask. Please click here for more details on Part 1: The Teal Mask.
For Trainers who have not purchased The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, additional Pokémon may appear via local or online communication modes.
Newly Added Features
- You will now be able lock the mini map that appears while you are out in the field so that up is always north. You can do this by pressing the Right Stick twice while you have the map app open to select the App and mini maps locked setting.
- Camera settings have been added to the Options menu. These settings will let you adjust how the camera works while you are out in the field.
- We have added a feature that allows you to signal a Pokémon accompanying you in the field to stop and wait where it is. To give this signal, press the Left Stick.
- You can now take pictures by pressing the A Button in the camera app.
- You can now play music by pressing the ZL Button or ZR Button while the camera app is open. You may find that Pokémon accompanying you in the field and people around you will react to the music.
- While using the Union Circle, Trainers can now share photos they have taken with the camera app during that Union Circle session with the friends they are playing with.
- We have added a feature to TM Machines that allows you to filter for moves your Pokémon can learn. By interacting with a TM Machine and selecting the option to filter for learnable moves, you will be able to display only TMs containing moves that a specific Pokémon can learn.
Bug Fixes and Feature Adjustments
- Incorrect descriptive text for the moves Ceaseless Edge, Dire Claw, and Stone Axe has been corrected. The descriptions for these moves previously included the words “aiming to land a critical hit,” but these moves do not increase the critical-hit ratio in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. This wording has been removed from these descriptions.
- We have fixed a bug where the Itemfinder Mark would not be applied to a Pokémon even if the conditions were met.
- Wild Pokémon that have the Titan Mark will now reappear in the field after a certain amount of time if they have been defeated.
- We have made adjustments to the way Pokémon icons are displayed in the Boxes.
- Other select bug fixes have been implemented.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, the Teal Mask DLC, and patch 2.0.1 are now live. So is a Paldean Winds anime.