Everdream Valley recently got a new update on Switch with version 1.4, and it’s pretty significant.
First up is the Magic Flute, in which animals will follow you when played. It can be obtained with the “Bring Ducks” quest. Also included are user interface improvements and tons of bug fixes.
Here’s the full rundown:
Everdream Valley update version 1.4 patch notes
Gameplay Experience tweaks:
- Magic Flute. Once you play it the animals get charmed by its beautiful sound, and will start following you anywhere! Try it on a group of animals, or make it a private concert for just one furry friend. Oh, and feel free to play it while riding on your horse too! The animals will keep on following you, until you play them a song once more. After playing the song again they will stop following you.
How to get the Magic Flute? Simply complete the “Bring Ducks” quest, and it should appear on the Merchant’s shopping list!
- Cooking difficulty level has been tweaked to be less punishing, ensuring a more enjoyable culinary experience for all players.
- A cooking color score legend has been added to provide a better understanding of your cooking performance.
- When creating a new character, a notification will prompt players to enter a name if left blank, ensuring a smoother character creation process.
- Sprinkler frequency has been adjusted. Sprinklers will now work for 10 minutes every hour instead of operating continuously, offering a more balanced watering system.
- Players now start with a recipe for a rope, allowing for immediate crafting possibilities.
- The FPS counter has been removed from the user interface to reduce clutter and enhance the immersive experience.
- Roosters have been improved to wake up earlier, at 8 o’clock, when present on the farm. Enjoy their timely wake-up calls!
- Put your creative skills to the test! You can now rotate objects before placing them on your farm, allowing for more precise positioning and customization.
- You can now experience the ultimate relaxation by sleeping on a cozy treehouse bed. Climb up and let the soothing ambiance of nature lull you into a restful slumber.
- Your shopping list is now more reliable than ever! It will stay in the same position even after buying or selling an item, making your shopping experience seamless and organized.
- Beavers have decided to take things a bit slower. They will now move at a 30% reduced speed, embracing a more relaxed pace.
- We’ve introduced a new splash label for autosaves, you won’t miss these important checkpoints in your farming journey now.
- To enhance your exploration experience, we’ve added a map icon specifically for tents. No more lost tents!
- We’ve adjusted the snails’ eating pace, making them savor their meals four times longer than before.
- We’ve lowered the sound volume for sprinklers, watering cans, and bottles. Now you can tend to your crops without disturbing the tranquility of the valley.
- You can now change the names of your two loyal farm friends: dog and cat!
- Say goodbye to the ‘Aramis’ default name for the adorable cat!
- You will now get grass seeds while cutting grass with your sword! Yes, the very basic grass seeds that all Farmers need! Perfect for hay!
- When you win a horse race, you will now get a pop-up with rewards that will now be automatically added to the shop, unlocking a new saddle for your companion.
- We’ve made some adjustments to the prices of saddles and Shakshuka, ensuring that they are balanced and in line with the value they bring to your farming endeavors. The saddle costs 2000 coins and the Shakshuka 300!
- Find your way through the valley with ease! We’ve added an option to lock the mini map’s orientation to the north, ensuring that you have a consistent reference point during your farming adventures.
- You can now change your camera settings in your game options while in the Labyrinth.
- Unlock the joy of riding a horse by obtaining a saddle in the game. Saddle up and embark on exciting adventures across the beautiful landscapes of Everdream Valley. There’s no need to worry about winning the Horse Race Dream anymore!
- Geese will no longer attack players if a dog is nearby. Enjoy a harmonious atmosphere on your farm as your faithful four-legged friend keeps the geese at bay.
- Animal Treat Station: Your animal companions will now happily munch on snails if you place them into the animal treat station.
- Increased hitboxes for perches in the Chicken Dream, allowing your feathered friends to land more accurately and effortlessly.
- Completing the scarecrow quest now grants you a pumpkin and strawberry, adding a touch of flavor and variety to your farming endeavors. Make sure to plant them, to grow even more of these delicious fruits and veggies!
- Animals will now also hide in the barn when looking for a dry place to run to from the rain.
- We’ve optimized memory usage while placing fences, resulting in smoother performance and enhanced gameplay.
- Furniture will now have their reflections visible in mirrors!
- We’ve added an End Game dialogue, informing our Farmers that they’ve completed the story.
Got too many animals? Are they breeding too fast? You can now use the ‘Stop Breeding’ function.
- The wires that connect the sprinklers are now hideable.
- The well is pickupable, so you can move it wherever it suits you best!
User Interface Improvements:
Inventory & Storage Sorting: Stay organized and efficient with the brand-new sorting feature for your inventory and storage. Easily arrange items based on your preferred criteria such as their price, quantity, type, or name. Dialogue Logs: Keep track of your conversations and interactions. The new dialogue log feature allows you to review previous conversations and revisit important details. You can find them under the ‘Tab’ button! We’ve added an ‘unequip’ button for items held in your hands. If you’re playing on a controller there will be no ‘F2’ button in the game options for the UI hiding button. You’ll see a button that’s right for your pad!
- We’ve addressed a visual issue with pants going through socks. Pants and socks will now coexist harmoniously, as they should.
- We’ve resolved an issue that was causing a hiccup in the nursery. Your trees will now thrive and grow as intended.
- We’ve rectified an issue where items were mysteriously vanishing from the merchant’s inventory.
- Saving your progress while inside the house will now occur at the designated save point, ensuring that your journey is accurately recorded. Be gone default positions causing confusion!
- Progress bars now accurately display the correct information, giving you a clear understanding of your farming tasks and goals.
- The entrance to your house will now spawn near the manhole instead of in the middle, providing a more convenient and seamless experience.
- The ‘Dirty Pond’ quest has been fixed.
- We’ve ensured that unsaddling your race horse is now done in a proper and respectful manner.
- We’ve conducted a thorough check to ensure that goats hiding under rocks don’t get stuck and get teleported over to the Merchant.
- Contaminated Pond Quest should work properly now.
- The scarecrow’s feather has received a visual upgrade. It now features a two-sided material, enhancing its realistic appearance.
- You can now place the picked up well back in its original spot.
- We’ve fixed an issue where items placed on the treehouse walls couldn’t be picked up properly. Now, you can easily rearrange your treehouse décor to your heart’s content.
- The map icons for the chicken house, kitchen and workshop have been fixed ensuring easy navigation and a clear understanding of each location’s purpose.
- The magnifying glass material has been adjusted to ensure it displays correctly from all angles. Enjoy a clearer view as you investigate the wonders of Everdream Valley.
- Chickens should now hop into their perches without any issues.
- Animals will no longer hide from rain underneath dry trees.
- After loading a saved game, chickens will now stay in the perches they’ve been sitting on while saving.
- We’ve made some adjustments to optimize the display settings for the Steam Deck. Say goodbye to setting the wrong display size and enjoy Everdream Valley in fullscreen mode.
- Animals will not sit on top of each other during rainy weather. Their positions will be a bit more randomized.
- Finishing the cow quest will now be giving an empty jug instead of one filled with milk.
- Resolved crashing issues with placing many fences.
All players on Switch can download the Everdream Valley version 1.4 update now.